Know Your Districts

If you can't tell or already know, I reside in Memphis,TN. I was born in Orange Mound and was raised in Whitehaven. We moved to Whitehaven in '73. Bought my first house in Westwood and stayed there for about 6 years and then I bought a house in Whitehaven so I've been living right here in Whitehaven most of my life. My parents moved to Mississippi a few years back but I love living right here but even I don't like the direction in which my community and my city is moving.


I don't get too involved in local politics other than voting for the city or county Mayors but with all the scandals going on within our government at the state and local levels, I have begun to take interest in the affairs of our local government. It's hard to remember what district (3) I live in and I don't remember the last time I have ever voted for a councilman. To be honest with you, I didn't know who my councilman (Harold B. Collins) even was until I researched it yesterday. I made myself a promise that I will start to be more active in and aware of local politics. I hope that all my fellow Memphians would too. The city of Memphis has a website with information about our city's government, residents and businesses. If you haven't seen it, go to City Of Memphis.

0 commented:

Search This Blog

Back to TOP